Wednesday, July 15, 2009

No Pain No Gain


New fav band of the moment: The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. And what a descriptive band name I might add. I think they just summed up the essence of Morrissey right there. Their music, consequently, does emulate that lovely innocent yet sexy yearning of The Smiths and perhaps Belle & Sebastian. Melancholy, romantic, passionate, and filled with ideals. A teenager with loads of dreams that might be little bit too much to ask for in the real world, but sound really beautiful in song form. The streaming steady guitar rhythm also reminisces in other nineties bands like My Bloody Valentine or even slow Smashing Pumpkins sounds. Also reminds me a lot of a small band from Vancouver BC called "Young and Sexy." Fitting in with the mood I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment